Friday, January 5, 2018

Do you shower in the morning or at night?

My husband and I both take showers in the morning. When we first lived together, we figured out how our morning schedules would work and then tweaked them as necessary through job changes throughout the years.

Then, I never thought about that again.

When we had our son, we gave him baths at night. Soothing, relaxing baths for our sweet little boy so he would sleep well. He still takes his shower at night, and I never thought about when he would make the change to a morning shower.

And then I read this article around the morning versus night shower controversy

I didn't know this was a thing. 

Night shower proponents point out that you need to cleanse the dirt of the day off your body before bedtime. Day shower proponents say that we sweat at night and the morning shower helps wake them up.

My son definitely needs to be cleaned off before bedtime. After a day of playing outside, he harbors mud spots pretty much everywhere skin is exposed. (He is lucky I don't just hose him off in the backyard.) I know there will come a day when he will need to wash in the morning, but I am pretty sure he will not be up for two showers.

So...here's my question. What age did you switch your child from a night bath routine to a day bath routine? And if you made the switch, how did you ensure everyone had enough hot water?

Please share your tricks and tips in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment