Monday, December 21, 2015

When age isn't just another number

I had a friend who was a little bummed out over turning 30. I couldn't relate. I was excited to turn thirty. At thirty I felt more stable and aware of who I was as a person for the first time in a really long time. Overall, I've enjoyed my thirties.

And I have good reasons to be happy with this decade: I am married to a man I love and we have a little boy who is adorable. Those are two events that happened in my late twenties and early thirties.

Those decisions - getting married and having a baby - happened on a timeline that worked for my husband and me, and it's a good thing that I didn't read all the articles out there talking about the best time to have a baby or get married or that the age you accomplish those items affects your health at 40, otherwise I might not be as happy as I am today.

Women have enough pressure as it is to figure out how to balance life/career/family and everything else that they want to do in their twenties and thirties. They don't need additional complications added to the timeline within their heads.

What do you want to accomplish in your life that you haven't already? Tell me in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment