Monday, August 19, 2013

Can you spare an extra $300K?

My son is at an age now where lots of his school friends are getting siblings. So, I shouldn't have been surprised when his teacher asked me if I was pregnant.

But I was surprised. Very surprised.

Evidently, he had been telling people at school that he was going to have a little sister. Actually, he was telling everyone. (Sorry, Mom, it's not true.) When I asked him about it, he seemed certain that he really was getting a little sister and that I could just "go ahead and make one."

Sorry, buddy.  I'm just not ready.

Add to that the fact that the U.S. Department of Agriculture just calculated the figure for raising a baby born in 2012 and the price tag (adjusted for inflation) hits around $300,000.

That's one expensive decision. Maybe I should just get him a new toy instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment