Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Exactly how social are we going to be?

Image by apdk.
Like most parents, it's really hard for me to imagine what kind of technology my son will enjoy when he hits his teens.

I have visions of him looking at me funny as I try to explain life pre-Internet. It makes me cringe. It also makes me sorry for whatever reaction I had to my mother's high school stories.

But what really stretches the limit of my imagination is where we will be with social media. The already-blurred line between virtual and IRL could be nonexistent. (There's a scary thought). For one viewpoint, this mashable article discusses what the future of social media might be like.

The only questions now include what will take over Facebook? And how long will children stay on it once their parents join up?

No comments:

Post a Comment