Monday, November 21, 2016

I haven't complained about running in awhile

I have not been running as regularly as I should. Every morning, I flip through the list of excuses of why I shouldn't run today:
Pictured: Not my shoes
  • It's cold
  • It's dark
  • I'm tired
  • My back hurts
  • I feel more rushed in the mornings when I run
  • I promise I'll take a walk later (which is a lie)
  • I don't want to
Some mornings the excuses win. Some mornings the running wins.

I have noticed that if I consistently run, my mood and overall outlook is better. For years, people have noticed a link between exercise and mood, but for the first time on a large scale, researchers have been able to prove that exercise wards off depression.

So, now in addition to my health and desire to keep up with my son, I have another reason to go running in the morning. Sure, my benefits list isn't as long as my excuses list, but I really need the extra motivation to lace up my sneakers in the morning.

What exercise do you turn to when the weather gets colder? Tell me in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment