Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Your little sister, the entrepreneur

Before I begin today, I understand that there have been a lot of studies debunking the idea that birth order is something that influences people's behaviors.

But I am still fascinated by birth order and how often it works out. It may one day be designated as "the modern-day astrology," but I am hooked.

So, here we go.

I am the baby of my family. I don't think I was spoiled or coddled, but my brother may have a different opinion about that. I was definitely a good child (you can ask my Mom to verify that one). I also am the most likely person out of my family to run my own business.

Let me be clear: I don't want to be self-employed. I love my current job and my current team, and although I like being a boss, I don't want to be the boss. Researchers found, however, that last-borns tend to have a higher tolerance for risk and are more likely to run their own businesses.

Unless, of course, Mom and Dad already run their own business and your older siblings went into the family business. In that case, babies of the family are going to do something opposite. Because they are the babies of the family.

And we like doing our own thing.

Are you the baby of the family? Do you think that birth order has any bearing on the person you are today? Tell me in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment