Friday, April 15, 2016

Got full-fat milk?

I am a milk drinker.

I am not sure why, but it sounds a little funny saying that as an adult. It's as if drinking milk is exclusive to little kids. But, I drink a glass at least once a day - not because I have to, but because I like it. I tend to stick to 2%, as I left my full-fat milk days long behind me.

When my son turned one, I stopped giving him breast milk and gave him whole milk. Any worries I had about him not liking it were gone within seconds - he loved it. Once he turned two, I switched him over to 2%.

But now I am questioning that decision. Some new research suggests that maybe we shouldn't have abandoned whole milk so quickly. There is evidence to suggest that the full-fat stuff keeps us fuller longer. I'm not saying that I am going to completely switch our family back to whole milk full time, but I am going to start thinking more about the balance of nutrients when I plan dinners and my son's lunches. Maybe it's better to have the full-fat milk life and cut out on the other carbs.

So, my question isn't Got Milk? My question is, what kind of milk do you got?

Tell me in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete