Monday, April 18, 2016

Kissing in front of the kids

I have a rule in my household: You have to kiss me good-bye. I really don't like it when this rule is broken, but I accept that it happens. I enforce this rule with my son and my husband, and, no, I am not kidding about any of this. Kiss me good-bye. Always.

We are an affectionate bunch in my household, and that has had some wonderful results, including having my son surprise me with random hugs throughout the day. My husband and I have no problem showing affection for each other, even in front of our son.

This is good our son - good for all children, really - to see their parents' show affection. Granted, this doesn't always work out in our favor. For example, if our son sees us hugging, he immediately wants in on the hug. There is something sweetly touching and yet somewhat inconvenient about having a six-year-old wedge himself in between two people hugging.

Usually when we get interrupted, my husband and I give him double kisses (in which we kiss his cheeks at the same time) and give him a sandwich hug (he is the filling) until he is done with us. Then my husband and I can get back to our kiss.

How often do you kiss in front of your kids? Tell me in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment