Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Making positivity cool

I try very hard to stay a positive person. Yes, I have backup plans if things go wrong and like everyone I have off-kilter days, but generally speaking, I like to think that life will go my way. And I have noticed that I am the happiest when I am hanging out with like-minded positive people: Happiness spreads happiness.

That seems obvious, but now there is some research to back it up: Harvard researchers discovered that people with upbeat friends were less likely to suffer from depression. Here's the kicker: They exclusively studied teens.

That's right: Notoriously moody, hormone-filled teens, as depicted in your favorite television drama, can enjoy happiness, too. It just depends on who your teenager hangs out with. There is only one question left: How do we make being happy the desirable choice for our teens? Sometimes being happy is not cool.

Are you a generally positive or negative person? Or maybe you are somewhere in-between? Whatever your mood, tell me about it in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment