Tuesday, October 20, 2015

My heart just can't take it

I still hate running.

I have my good days and my bad days; I have times when I am not getting out of the bed in the morning to run and those times when I am able to convince myself to run because it is the right thing to do. It is a daily struggle. But I try (oh so very hard) to stick with it.

And it still may not be enough.

A new study published in the journal Circulation indicates that more than 30 minutes of exercise per day may be required to see substantial reductions in the risk of heart disease. So, even if you are the dutiful person who carves out your daily half-hour for exercise and you get all your dots on your fitbit at the end of the day, you still might not be doing enough.

That's totally depressing. And that's not how I want to start my day. So, let's see if we can brighten things up a bit:

I think the basic point to keep in mind is that all exercise is good. So even if you are still only getting those 30 minutes a day, you are winning at the game of life. Maybe you only get 10 minutes one day or 15 minutes the next - it's OK. It's still better than nothing.

Keep it up! You can do it! Go team go!

I'll be right there with you...just let me tie my running shoes.

What exercise do you cram into your oh-so-busy day? Tell me in the comments (I promise to cheer you on!)

No comments:

Post a Comment