Friday, March 20, 2015

Taking your coffee in a sippy cup

My son is not a morning person. I am fine with that. I am fine with talking gently to him in the morning, making his room brighter and even helping him get dressed on the days when he is really not into getting out of bed. I'll do whatever it takes to help him start his day.

Well, almost anything. I draw the line at giving him coffee.

Evidently, there are a number of parents that do give their children coffee to drink at some point in the day. A recent study of the Boston area found that around 15 percent of toddlers are having a little cup of joe during their day. The researchers at the Boston Medical Center who led the study mentioned that cultural practices and gender seemed to be the biggest contributors of whether a tyke got their own cup of coffee or tea in the mornings.

I'm not saying my son has never tried a sip of my daily cup of hot tea. He has. But it's definitely not a regular occurrence, and when it does happen, it's definitely just a sip (once it is significantly cool enough to drink). But, I am certain I don't want to introduce any forms of caffeine into his diet on a regular basis.

How about in your household? Does the entire family sit at the breakfast table with their coffee in the morning? How young were you when you started drinking it? Tell me in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment