Friday, February 20, 2015

While Mom is away...

At least once a year, my Mom girlfriends and I rent a beach house together. It's in the off season, so the place we visit isn't crowded. We stay up late, sleep in, wear pajamas all day, eat yummy food and drink wine. There are only two rules:
  1. Have fun.
  2. No husbands and no kids.
That first rule is easy to keep: With a dozen women sharing stories about motherhood, life and beyond, we are always laughing late into the night. 

The second rule is a gray area. You see, although our husbands and children aren't physically there with us, we still talk about them, still call them throughout the weekend and we still think about them. Most of us use the weekend to catch up on our scrapbooks, so we are even staring at pictures of our families the entire time we are away.

But, I believe it is still necessary to take the time away. When I return home I feel refreshed and recharged, ready to take on whatever craziness my almost-five-year-old feels like dishing out next.

When's the last time you had a girls' weekend? Tell me in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment