Monday, February 23, 2015

The book on the shelf

I recently took all my cookbooks to our used book store and traded them in for store credit. While there, I let my son choose some new books. He was super excited to go to his section and pick out whatever books he wanted (at only $2 per book, I said yes to everything he chose.) He chose some new Disney story books, a few I Can Read books and some Sesame Street books. He didn't choose any Dr. Seuss books.

I love Dr. Seuss. I still have as much trouble reading through all the tongue twisters in Fox In Socks that I did when I was little. And my parents still like to remind me about the time that I declared I was the Lorax when they were trying to cut down some pine trees in our yard.

But my son is not a fan. We've gotten him a few of the books, but he rarely picks them for story time at night. He tends to go for the books with a fuller plot, so I never push the issue.

Recently I read that there were some new Dr. Seuss books hitting shelves this summer, and that old sense of nostalgia crept in. Will I buy them? Yes, absolutely. Even if they only become books that I read to myself before bedtime.

What's your favorite Dr. Seuss book? Tell me in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment