Friday, July 25, 2014

Mommy on her own

As Mommies, we have very little time to ourselves. I know there are lots of days where my little guy follows me around the house because he "wants to be in the same room as me." That is sweet, but I don't appreciate it when that following me around includes the bathroom.

But you get used to it. (I'm not saying that is right, but you get used to it anyway.) So, any time you get to spend by yourself becomes precious - whether that is being stuck in traffic or waiting at the doctor's office. There is a certain enjoyment that comes from being alone.

For my birthday, my husband gave me one of my favorite gifts: A weekend in a hotel room by myself. When I say that to people, it sounds odd (and more than a little anti-social). But it is a truly wonderful thing. I take all my scrapping stuff and other projects I'm working on and have an interruption-free weekend. I wear comfy clothes and keep a continuous loop of movies on in the background for company. I stay up late and wake up late. It's lovely.

When I return to my family after check-out on Sunday, I feel like a better wife and a better mommy. (Thanks, Honey!) I highly recommend it - take a mini vacation just for yourself and see how much better you feel.

How would you spend a mini-vacation on your own? Tell me in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment