Monday, February 3, 2014

Waiting for my teacher to grow up

My son is little; and he loves technology. He has his own electronic devices, he has a folder of apps on my phone and he loves to make video emails for his cousin. I have struggled with the never-ending battle of too much screen time with him, but I see now there is a silver lining.

You see, one day he will be my teacher. One day I will be asking him questions about my new-fangled piece of technology that I don't understand. How do I know this? This study has told me so.

The Journal of Communication has published a study indicating that around 40% of adults have learned about technology from their children. I can totally see that.

So, when I show my son new technologies now I am patient and kind and caring. Because I really hope that my son is that way with me when I ask him how something works for the 300th time.

What technology have you learned because of your children?

No comments:

Post a Comment