Tuesday, October 22, 2013

What's in a name: Beyond Jennifer and Jessica

Hopefully by now you've seen this really great gif that shows the most popular baby girl's names since 1960 (in the U.S.). If not, please take a look at it here; it's a fascinating view of how name popularity spans the country.

The animated gif got me thinking about baby names in general. When I was little, "Lauren" was not a popular name, but now I meet other Laurens all the time (with lots of different spelling variations). And when it came to naming my son, my husband and I wanted his name to be special and meaningful to us.

So please, share your stories in the comments. How did you get your name? (Are you on the most popular list?) And what criteria did you use in naming your child?

No comments:

Post a Comment