Monday, September 9, 2013

Milk still does a body good

Image by Walt Stoneburner.
I tried the Atkins diet once when I was in high school. I hated it, because I couldn't have milk.

I have always loved milk. (It goes particularly well with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.) I drink about a gallon a week and think about my strong bones and lowered risk of osteoporosis. If I actually spent more time outside, it would help me out with my Vitamin D deficiency, but that's another issue.

Because I love milk so much, it makes me happy to see this new study that links drinking milk during pregnancy to taller teenagers. As someone who is fairly tall (and definitely much taller than her mother), that news makes me extra happy. I hope my milk drinking ways give my son a couple of extra inches later on in his life, because (let's face it), life is a little easier for tall people.

No comments:

Post a Comment