Thursday, August 22, 2013

Modern day screen time

Image by apdk.
I watched way too much television when I was young.

If I couldn't admit to that on my own, my husband would happily remind me. He has found out that I can sing the theme songs to way too many sitcoms and remember major plot points of too many cartoons. (He thinks it is either funny or scary, depending on his mood.)

So, I've taken the opposite approach with my son. He watches very little TV, and the items he does watch are almost all PBS shows with no commercials. 

Strangely, though, I've been a lot looser with letting him use apps on my phone and on his LeapPad. Somehow I've equated those apps as being educational, even though there seems to be little evidence about their educational value.

Whoops.

Overall, though, I think I do a pretty good job of limiting his screen time overall. I mean, he can't sing any theme songs yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment