Friday, August 30, 2013

A job for the inner child: Making toys

Image by dacotahsgirl.
There is a lot of talk about toys at my house. Mostly when it comes to cleaning them up. I recall that happening a lot when I was little. Mom just wanted us to keep our toys in our room. Maybe that is why I am fascinated by this video about people who make toys. It's really just about adults who like to play.

At one point in the video, a toymaker admits that part of his job is to "obsessively observe" everything around him. I've known people like that - the people who notice every detail and can't let the little things go. It's wonderful to think that he found the perfect outlet for it.

But, I'm a mom. And sometimes that means letting the little things go to keep the peace in my house. This includes not getting frustrated when the toys aren't cleaned up.

No comments:

Post a Comment