Wednesday, February 1, 2017

I'm lucky and I know it

I am lucky.

I am not contest-winning lucky or surrounded by people who hope that my good fortune will rub off on them, but I consider myself to be extremely lucky. After all, I am a healthy woman married to an amazing man and we are raising a precocious and clever little boy in an age of great technology and in a place where we enjoy a lot of freedoms.

Maybe that doesn't fit your definition of luckiness, as you may consider the element of chance to be essential to the idea of luck. Whatever your definition may be, the idea that you make your own luck is definitely true - at least according to psychologists.

You see, people who believe they are lucky are more optimistic in life, enjoy lower anxiety and they are far more open to new opportunities and able to plan better. Luckiness is really a state of mind.

But it is also important to learn how to create luck for yourself - and that comes with being willing to shake things up a bit. This is the reason why my family is always learning how to play new games (by the way: Mom, I am really enjoying playing our version of mahjong!) or why I encourage my son to try new things all the time. "What's the worst that could happen?" I ask him.

(Usually, the worst case scenario involves him eating something with a vegetable in it.)

How lucky do you feel? Tell me in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment