Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Today, I stepped on a LEGO

At least twice a month, I step on a LEGO. I look upon it as an exercise to hurt myself and not curse aloud.

To be fair, it could be worse. My son is generally good at cleaning up his LEGOs when I ask/repeatedly tell him to do so. The problem is that he owns approximately 1.5 million LEGO bricks and it is (understandably) difficult to keep track of them all. There is, for example, at least seven that have migrated their way under my desk, there are a few that I am convinced are just permanently part of the carpet and the vacuum cleaner snacks on a few of those really little round ones every time it runs.

As most parents will testify, stepping on these little bricks hurts a lot. A whole lot. And I've never understood that there is a whole lot of science behind why they hurt so much until I stumbled across this delightful video.

Granted, knowing all of that ahead of time doesn't make me stop stepping on LEGOs, but it is a good thing to think about to distract myself from the inevitable pain.

What toy are you tired of stepping on? Tell me in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment