Wednesday, October 12, 2016

We all are suffering from back pain

On the days I do not run, I have back pain. On the days I do run, I sometimes have back pain, but it seems like it is not as bad. My sweet husband helps rub my sore muscles for me, just as I rub his back when he needs it. He generally has tension in his lower back; mine is at the top.

We are not alone in the battle of back pain: It turns out a lot of us are suffering from it. So many, in fact, that back pain has quickly become a sore point (sorry for that pun) in the quality of life of seniors. On the one hand, this makes sense: We have fought off diseases like measles that have shortened our lifespans. On the other hand: Who wants their quality of life deteriorated by back pain?

I am not sure if there is a long term solution, so I will do what works best for me: Not sleep too long (sigh), switch out my pillow every few months and get my wonderful husband to help alleviate all the work-related tension in my neck when I can.

Do you suffer from any back pain? Tell me in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. I also suffer from back pain! I regularly do cardio workouts along with yoga and walking. I find that if I skip workouts, especially yoga workouts, then I suffer from more back pain than I normally would if I didn't skip. I think exercising and staying limber definitely can help ease some of the pain, at least for me!

    ReplyDelete