Friday, September 9, 2016

Turning the pages on books

When we moved into our new home, I swapped all the shelves in the house around, giving my son a few extra sets. The result is that he has a full wall of books. Sometimes I hang out in the doorway of his room without him noticing me, and I watch him select a book from one of his shelves and snuggle up with it. (That's not weird, right?)

My son does do a lot of e-reading for his school assignments, and I am OK with that, because he still checks books out of the library and we hit up the used bookshop often. I have won the battle of paper books trumping e-books in our household.

But it looks like I may not have needed to be so worried. Most households, it turns out, are still using paper books over e-books. Yes, there is a growing share of people reading materials electronically, but maybe lots of folks out there are like me - tired of using a screen all day and preferring to read words on paper.

Maybe the numbers will shift over the next few years, but in our household, print is still king.

Do you have a good book recommendation you could share with me in the comments? Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment