Friday, May 20, 2016

Sometimes charts make me sad

I hate to bum you out on a Friday, but if you are a working woman, you have to see this. On this link from the Wall Street Journal is a chart showing how women earn less than men in 439 of the 446 major U.S. jobs.

I think of all the hard working women that I know who are also Moms. Of how they put in full days at the office. Of how they still do the majority of the child care at home. Of how they love their families and they love their jobs. And it breaks my heart to think that they are working for less.

Not a good way to start a weekend, but it's important information to have the next time you need to talk to your boss about your salary.

Do you think there is a gender wage gap in your workplace? Tell me in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment