Friday, May 29, 2015

Leaving the house without your phone

Last week while my husband was traveling I took my son out on a date (which means he got to pick dinner and then we went out for dessert). As I was answering his questions over ice cream, he asked me about nitrogen (because that is what five-year-olds are into these days). I went into my purse to get out my phone to look up more information, but realized it wasn't there.

And I was OK with that.

I told him we'd look it up when we got home, and we spent the rest of our time together having a lot of fun. I wasn't worried about people not being able to get in touch with me, or about missing out on something else. I wasn't even bummed out about not being able to take a picture of him. I was just focused on having fun with my son.

Which is how life used to be for so many parents before cell phones came around. So, here's my challenge to you: Pick a day and leave the house without your phone. And see how you feel about it.

Let me know how it goes in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment