- Oh...it's a mom blog then. That's nice. Change of subject.
- You know what you should write about? You should write about <insert subject matter I would never write about here>.
The second reaction usually reveals some insight into the person that I am talking to. I have learned about my friends' previously hidden political ideologies, conspiracy theories and new age thought processes from whatever they are telling me to write about. Some of them should get their own blog just so I can learn more about their crazy ideas. I'm fascinated, but it's not for me.
Then there is my husband, who reads my blog avidly to make sure I don't talk about him too much (just kidding, honey). Even he likes to make casual remarks along the lines of, "There's a blog post somewhere in this," whenever anything unusual happens at home. Sometimes there is a future post idea; most of the time there is not. (Sorry, honey, I'm not writing a post around the "pooping song.")
I started this blog a year ago, and I am happy to still be writing it. I've learned a lot after starting this blog - both about myself and about what my readers like:
- Lists. Wow. You really like lists. (Cheers to my list sisters!)
- Figuring out how to talk to about tough topics like sex.
- Bowling. Surprising, but true.
- Celebrating stuff.
- The impossible (like work/life balance).
What's your mood toward your blog these days? A pleasure or a chore? Tell me in the comments.