Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Let's play a game: Does this belong here?

I have a favorite game in my household that I usually play on the weekends. It's called, "Does this belong here?" It's great and you can play it, too. The rules are simple:
  1. Go to any room of your home and select an item that looks out of place (for example, socks in the living room, art supplies in the kitchen, toys in the office). Hold it up and ask, "Does this belong here?" (The beauty part of this is that the answer is almost always "No." So, you have excellent odds of winning this game.)
  2. Rope your family members into finding the appropriate home for the item.
This game is for everyone. I have actually gotten my son to play it with me on a few occasions, where he is the one asking "Does this belong here?" (He got a cookie at the end; I got a cleaner house - that's a parenting win.) You can also play this game at practically any hour of the day, as there is almost always something out of place in your home (or at least that is the way my home works.)

Is this game as much fun as the ones we play on Wednesdays? Probably not. Does this sound silly? Maybe it is. Or, maybe I'm just trying to teach my son to have a little fun in life. Even when it comes to cleaning up.

Feel free to play this game at your own home. And share with me any ways you get your family to help clean up in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment