Tuesday, January 28, 2014

My child is stalking me

I was asleep; and then I was not. My eyes snapped open to land on the smiling face of my son who was standing next to my side of the bed. He smiles at me. It is 5:30 am on Saturday, but he is so cute, I can't be mad.

I am in the shower. Midway through washing my hair, the curtain is whipped back to reveal my son who wants to know when I will be done. I tell him to go and play in his room and try to remind him about "privacy." He has a seat on the floor next to the cat instead and says he'll just wait for me. He talks/sings/asks questions for the remainder of my shower.

I am wandering the house while attempting to pack for our upcoming move. My son is following me. I suggest that he play while mommy collects items and then he can help me pack them. I am told that he wants to follow me and that he will "just be in whatever room you are in."

My son is upstairs napping while I am downstairs working on my blog/answering email/doing whatever it is I do when I am at the computer. Without warning, I hear a "hi, mom!" right next to my ear and I jump about three feet out of my seat and try not to yell, because I don't want to startle him. Evidently nap time is over.

And evidently, my son is a ninja.

He doesn't make sound anymore when he wanders around the house. He used to stomp around or sing or make enough noise that I had no trouble pinpointing his exact location. Now he just appears next to me and it is the greatest/creepiest magic trick I've ever seen.

Let me be clear: I am at the point where I want to put a bell on him so I can hear him coming. I used to have a bell on my cat's collar, but she learned how to walk in a way that didn't make the bell ring, so I don't have high hopes for this plan.

I feel like I am being stalked by my son. But it's OK. I know it won't last forever: One day he'll start stalking his father.

No comments:

Post a Comment