Monday, August 26, 2019

Summer break is over - time to think about a momcation

Now that my son's magical summer is done, it is time for me to start thinking about my next girl's trip. Every fall and winter, my wonderful friend plans a girls-only getaway for the group. We rent a huge house together, wear pajamas all day and talk late into the night while watching our favorite movies. It is a welcome time for everyone to relax and leave everyday cares behind for a few days.

Because we coordinate this time away from our families together, we are able to keep the costs crazy low. And by having one amazing friend taking on the task of coordinating it, she picks the dates well in advance so everyone can adjust their schedules accordingly.

Evidently, my friend who plans these trips is an absolute genius, because research has been done to indicate that all Moms need to have their own vacation from the family.

I wholeheartedly agree. Every time I return from one of these trips I feel calmer, less stressed and more connected to my friends. Sort of like I could take on whatever the next home situation is that is thrown at me.

My friends all report the same feelings, and it is nice that research backs us up.

When is the last time you took a vacation away from your family all by yourself? Talk about it in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment