Monday, February 25, 2019

Deleting a few apps from my phone

I like doing regular purges of the stuff in our home to ensure that we are in control of our things. I am fortunate that my family members are supportive of this, and they regularly help clear out items that could have a second life with someone else.

In the beginning of the year, I turned my purge to my electronic devices. I deleted several apps from my phone - including a few games that I found myself playing "because they were there."

I haven't missed any of them. And, I believe my overall screen time has gone down. It makes me happy to think that I've given myself some time back in my day.

And this is the exact feeling people are reporting after they quit things like facebook - more time back in their days and happier for it. While I'm not saying that everyone should drop facebook, I do hear that it is a phone app that takes up a lot of time.

I did notice when I did my phone clean-up, that I still had a number of apps on my phone that only my son used. He and I chatted about them, so he knew why I was deleting them and off they went, too.

I want my son to know that it is OK to remove things from his life that he doesn't need anymore - even digitally. Hopefully this will prepare him for when he has his own devices one day.

Have you deleted any apps from your phone lately? How did it go? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment