Friday, July 28, 2017

How could I possibly be this tired?

I am tired. No, I'm not even going to try out that trick in which I tell myself that I am not tired and convince myself through the power of positive thinking.

This is why I am tired:

We have been re-landscaping our front lawn (in the summer!) and although it looks fabulous, the sun has zapped my body of all energy (and liquids), my back and arms hurt from bending over and planting things and if I crawled into bed, I would immediately nap.

Or

Maybe it is because I've been at my desk at the computer all day at work and have only left it for bathroom breaks.

Weirdly, either scenario is plausible. Because our brains react to stress whether it is real (as in manual labor) or perceived (as in a high-pressure project). And the result is the same: We are tired.

There is all sorts of science to back it up, but here's the reality: I can't bring myself to tell other people that I am tired when I've been sitting all day. I just...I just don't have that level of insanity in me. Even if there is science on my side. It's embarrassing.

I am sure there are solutions to this, and I am sure they all involve me walking away from my desk for a few minutes of actual physical activity. Then, at least, I would feel slightly more justified in my tiredness.

What's making you so tired these days? Tell me in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment