Friday, June 9, 2017

The women with multiple jobs

After dinner one night, we were looking through some photos and videos of when our son was a one-year-old. Looking back at that age felt like a giant oxymoron: It seemed like forever ago; it seemed like it was only yesterday. I was marveling at how much he has grown up and how much fun he is now when I was struck by the thought about how much easier our life has become.

When he was younger and I was working full time and he was in daycare...everything just seemed so much harder. There were a lot of times that I wondered if being a full-time breadwinner was worth it in the long run.

I know I am not alone in that - most Mothers struggle with the decision to stay at home or go back to work. I only wish that I had read something like this article dissecting the strategies of working Moms.

Some of the items discussed on that link, I had worked out myself (the daycare math over time, letting things go, the backup plans), but I didn't necessarily work those things out the easy way. It's nice to see that so many women have figured out how to take care of themselves and their families and that women are there to share knowledge with each other.

Now, of course, I am so glad that I made the decisions about my career that I did: I absolutely love my job and I love being a role model for my son. I want him to see that everyone in our family has a responsibility to each other and that the decisions we make can affect everyone.

What's your best working Mom tip that you want others to know? Share it in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment