Wednesday, May 10, 2017

You've probably peaked by now

I often wonder about the next milestones in store for my son. When he was a baby, the milestones were frequent and momentous: First rollover, first crawl, first words, first steps. As he has gotten older, the firsts in his life are further apart and sometimes harder to notice.

For example, sometimes he thinks he is doing something for the first time, but it is really only because he has reached the point at which he is starting to lose his memories. (He is also stubborn, so he doesn't always believe me when I tell him he has done something before until I show him photographic evidence.)

But back to the point: It is hard to determine when he is about to hit another milestone. So, I find it interesting to see the research pulled to show the average ages people peak at various activities, including language, creativity and being content.

While I know that we all experience our peaks at different ages, it's good to remember that life is full of milestones, and my son will have plenty to cross off his list as he gets older - whether we are able to recognize those momentous occasions or not.

Is there a major milestone in life that you are looking forward to your child reaching? Tell me in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment