Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Finding love on the job

My son often tells me that when he grows up he wants to come and work at my job. He has plans to sit in the cube next to mine and be on my team. He also wants to help distribute candy when the team needs a little pick-me-up on rough days and have lunch with me every day.

All of that works out nicely for me, because I can now narrow down what field his future wife will be in. Yes, there is now a chart that you can use to look up your job and see what career your partner will be most likely to fall into. (Or at least what fields have been most likely to marry up in the past.)

Of course, this is not an accurate indicator of the marriages being any good or not, but you can spend some time wondering why registered nurses end up with truck drivers or why firefighters end up with customer service representatives or why teachers tend to marry other teachers. 

It's all just for fun.

Did you marry someone whose career complimented yours? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment