- Acknowledge the nominating blogger. (Emma is a brave woman who wants her child to take risks and isn't afraid of a little mess - my kind of mom!)
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers. They should be bloggers you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer and let all the bloggers know they’ve been nominated. (You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you.)
- I tell people that my cat is retired as she doesn't deign to chase lizards or bugs, because frankly, she deserves a restful life.
- I have a podcast where I tell original short stories for grown-ups that you can find on the iTunes store by searching for "stories for grown-ups" or on storiesforgrownups.com
- My husband and I met when I was 11, and we were friends for six years before dating.
- We used to have an alligator living in our backyard, and I was OK with that.
- Somehow I have lost the ability to sleep in, even when no one is around to wake me up.
- I hate running, but I do it anyway.
- I love bad movies from the 1980s - I have seen Red Sonja a disturbing number of times. Is it on now? I'll watch it again.
- My favorite holiday is Halloween.
- I am excited that it is fall, because that means I can wear boots again.
- I wish I was eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich right now.
- When I was younger I wanted to go skydiving, but the older I get, the more I don't want to go.
Have you ever traveled outside the country? Yes, and I have lots more places I would love to go. Travel is good for the soul - get out and teach your children how to explore the world.
What's your favorite time of year? Early fall - when it is cooler but the trees aren't bare yet.
Are you an introvert or extrovert? Both. I can be shy in close-knit situations, but I have no problems talking in front of strangers.
What is your social media or blogging pet peeve? Limiting my time spent on these activities - I want to stay updated without it taking over my life.
What are the ages of your children, if you have any? My son is three-and-a-half.
What is your favorite part of blogging? Connecting with other amazing mothers.
If you could learn another language, which would you choose? Spanish - and I am not sure what is stopping me.
What's the first site you check when you come online? My homepage is set to Google.
What song do you never get sick of? At Last by Etta James
What musical instrument, if any, can you play? I can't play any instruments.
When you were young, what did you want to be when you grew up? I really didn't know. (Come to think of it, I still don't know.)
Here's my list of amazing, inspiring bloggers that I am nominating:
And here are my 11 questions for the above nominees to answer:
What's your favorite book and why?
What time do you get up most mornings?
What's your favorite way to relax?
If you could rename yourself anything, what name would you choose?
What do you most wish you could teach your child?
What is the last non-children's song you listened to?
Name the best family tradition you have.
What is your biggest fear?
What did you like most about being pregnant?
Should peanut butter be crunchy or smooth?
When was the last time you danced?
Thanks for the nomination, Emma! To all the new nominees - I'll be looking for your posts!