Saturday, October 12, 2013

Can you text and walk at the same time? (Hint: The answer is no)

Image by adpk.
We all know not to text and drive by now. (Right?) But how many of us walk and text or participate in other forms of "distracted walking?"

I try to be cognizant about not using my smartphone around my son - to be fully present when I am around him so that his main childhood memory of his mother isn't one of me with my body hunched over a handheld screen. But I know that I have texted while walking, and of course, I use my headphones while I jog.

This recent report by Safe Kids Worldwide has shown me what a horrible example I am being - especially for teens.

My phone is now going to stay in my purse. And if I need it, I will pull over to the side of the sidewalk first.

No comments:

Post a Comment