Wednesday, January 2, 2019

How did you play when you were little?

I remember being my son's age. I remember where we lived, and all about our school and who my friends were. What I am having trouble remembering is how I used to play.

I had dolls and Barbies and My Little Ponies. And I sort of remember playing with them. And I know I read a lot. But outside of that? I can't really recall...it's a little fuzzy. And that is a shame, because if I could remember how I used to play when I was little, then I would be able to play better with my son now.

I've shared before that I don't understand how my husband and son play together. (And I've checked with other Moms of sons - none of us think this looks like fun.) But they both seem to like it, so maybe I need to rely more on what my husband thought was fun in his childhood. (So...no My Little Ponies.)

As I think about the upcoming year, I am trying to think about fun and how we can inject more of it into our evenings and the time that we do have together. Don't get me wrong - I think our lives are fun now - I just want to stay focused on it so that we keep it a priority.

To do that, I may need some help remembering what I thought was fun when I was a kid.

What type of fun activities did you enjoy when you were little? Tell me in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment