Friday, July 21, 2017

When Mom gives you advice...

A few weeks ago I wrote about the importance of maintaining bedtime because I am obsessed with sleep. (But in reality, aren't most parents obsessed with sleep?) Then I was reminded that my amazing Mother reads my blog. She texted me to say it would be a good idea to extend my son's bedtime if he spends the last half-hour of it reading.

My son is a reader already, so I am one of those parents who doesn't need to encourage her child to read more...but I still encourage him to read more.

In other words: My Mother is right. As usual.

To provide additional validation (she knows how much I love studies), she sent me this article around practical advice parents can use to help raise a reader. Personally, I am in love with the first tip that mentions you need to re-discover your own love of reading to help foster it in others.

My son is getting a little older and his camp and school start later in the morning than my school started when I was his age. Could he stay up that last half-hour of his day and read? I am sure it is worth the try to see how it goes. Thanks, Mom!

How do you fit more time for reading into your child's day? Tell me in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment